Keyboard shortcuts are intended to make PEP-Web easy for all. Only one key needs to be pressed at a time, in a short sequence. They work for power users, hunt and peck typists, and those using assistive technologies.
Press the Group Key, followed by one of the feature related keys. For example, to go to the Search screen, enter Q followed by S. If you press Esc first, it will ensure your keyboard context is not in a text or other entry field which would otherwise take the keystrokes.
Quick Access Group, Q followed by:
|Function||Q followed by|
|User Account Info||U|
Navigation Group, N followed by:
|Navigation||N followed by|
|Next Hit||H N|
|Previous Hit||H P|
|Next Article, First Hit||A N|
|Prev Article, First Hit||A P|
UI Toggle Group, T followed by
|Hide /Show Toggle||T followed by|
|Hits in context||H|
Of course, this is a starting list. With the two key method, it’s easy to extend as we have quite a few shortcut choices!
- Hide or show the side bars: Press [T] then [B] in a short sequence, i.e., [T] [B]
- Hide or show the left side bar: [T] then [L], i.e., [T] [L]
- Go to the next article in the navigation group: Press [N] then [N]
- Go to the prior article in the navigation group: Press [N] then [P]
- Go to the next hit (match) in the article: Press [N] then [H] then [N]