PEP-Web contains the premier journals and classic books in psychoanalysis. PEP-Web is updated annually every January with new books and journal titles, and current journal issues are added as they are published.
PEP Archive Version 2015 (1871-2011) is the latest annual release from January 2015.
Embargoed Content: Due to contracts with publishers, there is a three to five year embargo on most current content. For the embargoed years, only abstracts and article summaries may be read on PEP-Web. However, the full text of all years is still completely searchable, making it easy to find relevant articles. To see the list of journal embargo dates go here.
Customer Support, subscription, access, and login issues, etc: Support for login and access issues is available depending on your type of subscription. Click here for more information.
Reporting Data Errors: If you have discovered a data error – typing error, missing words, misspelled author name, missing articles etc., there’s an integrated reporting mechanism on PEP-Web.
- If you found an error in an article or book:
- Select the erroneous text in the article
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Report a Data Error”
- The error text you selected, and the article location will already be loaded into the form. Fill out the rest of the form and do so as fully as you can. PEP is very grateful for comments that help us to improve the quality of the database.
- If you find an error in a name listed in the Author index, especially with your own entries
- You can use this form to submit a change request to harmonize the listing to a single form of your name (or an author you are very familiar with). Note that changes are made to the index itself, not to the underlying articles. If there’s an error in authors names in the article itself, such that it differs on PEP-Web from the actual publication, please report it as a data error.
Extensive self help. If you want to explore the feature and user interface for PEP Web, help is available here:
- Author Index
- Suggest Articles not Currently on PEP-Web
- PEP-Web Librarian Info
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Logging In